Friday, June 22, 2012

About the lil ladies...

People ask me, how is it with two under the age of two?
It is good, hard work and very rewarding.  Moments of challenges and fatigue.

Vera seems to be a very good baby.  She is nursing about every 2.5-3 hours and will do a couple 4+ hour stretches overnight.  She prefers to sleep on her tummy for naps and we swaddle her overnight.  My mom used the word "sweet" to describe her, and I would say that is the best description.

Stella is a good big sister.  The first thing she asks me each morning is about Vera.  She likes to be helpful and we let her be as much as we can-getting diapers, helping give Vera a bottle etc.  We heave kept Stella is "school" (daycare) part-time even though I am still  on maternity leave.  I think this has been very good for the transition of having a baby sister at home.  Vera will be joining Stella at school when I go back to work July 9th.  When I go back to work, I am only going part-time!  I am so excited about this and feel like it will create a good "work/family" balance.

Some things about Stella these days...
-Can turn anything in to a song!
-Will often ask for M's (M&Ms), Ice Cream or a Hotdog for any meal or snack.
-Loves to be outside and has turned into quite a climber.
-Will often use phrases like "Oh, Boy", "Proud of you", and "Good Job".
-Loves school buses and trains.
-Prefers to ride in Daddy's truck.
-Talks nonstop from sunrise to sunset(not sure where she gets this from).
-Asks to go to the beach, park or school multiple times everyday.
-Talks a lot about her friends at school, Caela and Connor and her teacher Dianne.




No comments:

Post a Comment